It is nice when complete strangers take the time to acknowledge each other, with a genuine hello. Why don't we do this more often?? Not a head nod, a raising of the eyebrow, or a flip of the hand. But a genuine "Good Morning, how are you today?"
Every morning at 6:45am, I pick up a coffee at my local coffee shop, to kick start my day. I always see the "regulars"....a table of 4 ladies who gossip and chitchat about this and that. Sometimes we exchange hellos, but normally a wave or head nodd will do just fine, as I am in and out like a dog in heat.
Today, there was a guy sitting outside, having his coffee by himself. I walked up and said "Good Morning, how are you today?" He looked shocked, but pleased all at the same time. He responded: "I am excellent, and yourself?". I said "Great thanks!!"
I went in, got my Large Dark Roast, and walked back towards my car. To my surprise - he said "Have a great Day!!", and I responded with "You too, have a good one!!"
This is simple stuff, I know. You might even be questioning why I am mentioning it. It made me smile, that's why. It just felt good. We all tend to be so busy sometimes that we don't take the time acknowledge each other as living human beings. Not via email, or text message. But just with a genuine hello. Try it sometime.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment