Thursday, April 10, 2008

Pink and Proud.

They are my favorite of the tree species. They only bloom for about 10-14 days of the year. They appear after the harsh winter cold subsides, to signify the turning of the seasons.

Each year, they make me want to grab my camera to take their photo to capture their gentle innocence. They are the bravest little pink puffs I have ever met. Their life is so short and delicate. It doesn't seem to bother them, they stay faithful to Mother Nature, and appear every year without fail. They are pink and they are proud.

I don't know what it is about those little fluffy cherry blossoms that brings such peace into my heart. The moment I smell them coming, I feel like a child on Christmas morning. I love driving down the streets that have trees on both sides - that is my wonderland. My mind is rid of any worries, and replaced by the serenity of blossoms.

Soon, their petals will blow off into the wind, and I will patiently await my little friends to bloom again.

No comments: