For approximately the past eight years or so... (How many years has Survivor been on television?)....myself, and about 6-7 of my best buds have been getting together for our weekly viewing of Survivor, oh - and we have a bite to eat as well. As I am no longer the 7th wheel, there is a total of 4 couples involved. (Which works out to 3 dinners per couple, per season). Let's do some math. 8 years x 2 seasons per year x 12 episodes per season = Roughly 192 Viewings +/-. Wow, that's a lot of TV. Ok, back to the food....
When I mention that we have a "Bite to eat" during the viweing, let me assure you this is no regular dinner. For some, this might compare to a Sunday night family feast of Roast Beef. You come, you eat, you drink, you laugh, you go to bed full. For us, it needs no other definition besides "Survivor Dinner". Which means: Eat only Salad on Thursdays.
Allow me to re-cap a few Menus for you, to try and fathom what I am saying. (Most meals are homemade from scratch, with only a handful of times when Take Out Menu's were required..due to scheduling issues....that's right, we have a schedule!)
Homemade Lasagne, of all types....
Baked Spaghetti, Spag & Meat Balls, I'm sure there has been more...
Pad Thai, Chicken Peanut Satay.
Chicken Parm, with Garlic breath for a week ceasar salad. (mmmm...!)
Homemade Won-Tons Soup, Beef & Brocolli, Fried Rice, Gyozas
Roasted Chicken & All the fixin's...
BBQ'd EVERYTHING: Burgers, Pork, Steaks, Prawns, Kebobs, Potats, Veg
Mexican Feast: Big Ass Taco Salads, Burrito's, Encilladas
Split Pea & Ham Soup....kjkljsdf....oops, sorry - I was drooling.
Slow Cooked Duck / a la French Dinner...
Traditional Greek...Garlic, Feta, more Garlic, more Feta.
Breakfast for Dinner...who doesn't LOVE breakfast for dinner?
Ok, that is only a handful....I will share more later...Let us not forget that the above is only dinner. This does not include appys, dessert, and booze consumption.
Stay tuned for further entries....wear a bib...you will need it.
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What the hell? no mention of Corn Surprise? and i havent ever been to a survivor dinner.... common Shell bomb you gotta give props to the Corn Surprise....
Corn surprise makes its rotation, don't you worry napkin!
Post a Comment