Saturday, April 5, 2008

Lifelong BFF's....

You know what I'm talking about, right? Please tell me that at some point during your time so far on this planet that you have had the pleasure of calling at least one of your good buddy's your BFF...? If you haven't, then let me take a moment for those of you lost soles to explain to you what a BFF is. When you hear the term BFF, people are referring to someone who is their "Best Friend Forever"...their BFF. It's quite the term, really. This is a term that should be used for someone that has been a part of your everyday to day life, living, and learning with you every step of the way - through all of the times good, and the times bad. They have been there for you late at night, when you cannot sleep, when the world comes to a grinding hault, when your surroundings are closing in, and you can barely breathe.

They have been there for the fantastic times too, the times that you burst out laughing hysterically, at something that was so funny, both of you couldn't stop giggling, and your stomach hurts from it all. Then you wake up the next day - thinking of what a great time that you had with your BFF, and you can't for the life of you remember why you were laughing so hard, but it was sure fun!

That's what your BFF is about. They are about all things good. All things that help you get through the day. They are there to listen and share with you their thoughts, dreams, and desires in life. They are there to keep you on the right track. They pump you up when you are down, and laugh with you once the latest drama passes.

I am greatful. I am a very blessed woman to have as many BFF's as I have had. I'm not trying to brag here, but I really do have a lof of quality BFF's in my life. Some of them, I have known since I was 6 years old. That is well over 20 years of friendship. True Friendship. Lasting Friendship. 20 years of Birthdays, 20 Christmas's, 20 Summers, 20 New Year's. That is a lot of time spent with a lot of people. That is a lot of memories. Some other BFF's have been around since my adolescent & teenage years, and some joined my life in my 20's. All of whom have influenced my life incredible amounts. I am who I am today as a result of my past with these people. Without them, I would not exist. I would not be the same person that I am if I didn't have my BFF's.

I ask you all to think, and remember all the people that you have in your life, either at present, or past. Just think about the amazing times that you have shared, and the lessons learned together. Once your senses get all 'warm and fuzzy' - remember that joy, and tuck it deep within your soul. Genuine friendship is the most amazing gift that anyone could ever ask for. Cherish it, hold it close, and never let it go. Protect it. Keep it safe.

To all my BFF's - Thank-you for being you, and Thank-you for being a part of my life. Your Friendship has meant the world to me!

Much Love, forever & always...

1 comment: